This week Discover gained a lot of little UI polish improvements, and Discover developers also fixed a major crash present in 5.12.
- The main Featured page now shows more apps on distros like Ubuntu and KDE Neon that have lousy AppStream data (KDE bug 390016, fixed in KDE Plasma 5.12.1):
- Notifications now stick around for longer, so they’re easier to read (KDE bug 388087, fixed in KDE Plasma 5.12.1)
- Discover’s button that takes you to the page where you can write a review now has correct padding within its overlay (KDE bug 390030, fixed in Plasma 5.12.1)
- Fixed a prominent crash in 5.12 when searching from the app page, deleting the search term, and searching again (KDE bug 390114, fixed in Plasma 5.12.1)
- Discover’s review submission button is now labeled “Submit” (KDE bug 390031, fixed in Plasma 5.13)
- Discover’s review submission button is now visible but disabled for apps that aren’t installed yet, not gone entirely (KDE bug 390053, fixed in Plasma 5.13)
- Discover (and all other Kirigami apps that have High-DPI and vector imagery) now look crisp and sharp when run in HiDPI mode (KDE bug 390076, fixed in KDE Frameworks 5.44)
If you like what you see, consider becoming a KDE contributor and join the team! The speed of improvements is pretty directly proportional to the amount of help we have, so the more hands on deck, the better KDE software becomes!