We did a lot of polish work on Discover this week, and also implemented a much-requested feature:
- Discover now lets you change the sort order of app lists and search results (KDE bug 383518, implemented in KDE Plasma 5.13.0, authored by Aleix Pol)
We are still working on refining and polishing the UI here, but this much-requested feature is now implemented!
UI Improvements and polish
- When you’re adding a new repo, Discover now won’t let you enter an invalid URL (KDE bug 390148, fixed in KDE Plasma 5.12.3, authored by Aleix Pol):
- Improved the usability of the “confirm package removal” dialog (KDE Phabricator revision D10992, fixed in KDE Plasma 5.12, authored by me, Nate Graham):
As you can see, there’s more work to be done: alphabetize the package list, remove the red close button in the corner, reduce whitespace. Further improvements coming soon!
- Improved the usability of the “Add Source dialog” (KDE Phabricator revision D11003, fixed in KDE Plasma 5.13.0, authored by me, Nate Graham)
- Transient notifications in Discover and all other Kirigami apps now last longer, so you have enough time to read them (KDE Phabricator revision D11009, fixed in KDE Frameworks 5.44, authored by me, Nate Graham)
We need your help! Consider becoming a KDE contributor, and help make Discover the best Linux app store in existence!